Get the source code¶
Plasma provides components for multi-device workspaces. Plasma desktop provides a stable, versatile and modular desktop. Plasma Mobile shares many components and all of its underlying architecture with Plasma desktop, but provides a UI and features necessary and useful on mobile devices. The idea is to provide a base platform, that can be augmented with device-specific modules. On a laptop, one would typically install plasma-workspace and plasma-desktop, while on a mobile device, one would install plasma-workspace and plasma-mobile and friends. None of the repositories conflicts with others, so it’s possible to provide a system with UIs for multiple formfactors, and decide at runtime, which UI to offer. You can find the source code tarballs of the stable releases of Plasma on download.kde.org or check the git repositories on cgit.kde.org.
Plasma Mobile does not have stable release yet. So, we advise you to pull the code directly from our git repositories’ master branches at invent.kde.org. In the following section you may find direct links to the source code of several Plasma Mobile components.
General mobile components¶
The following git modules are generally useful on mobile devices and provide touch-friendly functionality.
- plasma-settings: Settings application and modules.
- plasma-camera: Camera application.
- marble: Maps application.
- koko: Gallery application.
- vvave: Music player.
- okular: Document Viewer.
- discover: Software Center.
- plasma-angelfish: Webbrowser for phones.
- plasma-samegame: Small example game, pure QML.
- mtp-server: Fork of Ubuntu’s MTP server
- kaidan: XMPP based Messenger.
- qmlkonsole: Terminal application.
- peruse: A comic book viewer
Plasma phone components¶
These additional git modules are useful for smartphones:
- plasma-phone-components: Dialer and Phone shell QtQuick code, application launcher model, etc.